Anthony just starred in a Dental Works commercial! It's safe to say he was perfect for the job with his radiant smile! #PMTM #DentalWorks
Wednesday, May 24, 2017
Monday, May 22, 2017
Saturday, May 20, 2017
When we say that models and talent are with us for years we mean it! The first picture is when Billie started with us and the second picture is Billie today! Billie is also now placed in NYC! We have watched Billie grow up into the beautiful young lady she is today! Great job Billie!
Thursday, May 18, 2017
Monday, May 15, 2017
The PMTM/IMTA NYC 2017 group looks AMAZING! They have all been doing photoshoots with Hannah Dexter and Eric Mull and they definitely know how to work it in front of the camera! GREAT job guys! Check out this behind the scenes video of some of their shoots! #PMTM#behindthescenes #IMTANYC2017 #ericmull #hannahdexter
Alysha Muehlheim is a local Pro-Model and Talent Management model who has been working all over the tri- state area. While pursuing her career in the industry she has made multiple connections in, including with Rue21. Since booking her first shoot with them, Alysha has been continuously working with Rue21 for over a year!
Alysha originally got started in the industry because of her mom, "I would have never thought about getting into modeling myself. My mom is actually the whole reason that I am modeling now! She used to model when she was younger." Alysha says that her mom signed her up for a workshop just to test it out and she ended up loving it. "Pro-Model liked me and it all took off from there!"
Modeling has taught Alysha to be confident and love herself just the way she is. She loves all of the opportunities it has given her and all of the wonderful people she has met along the way. She cannot imagine life without it! Along with pursuing her modeling career, Alysha is also attending Lakeland Community college part time to become an X-ray technician.
Alysha's favorite modeling job is working for Rue 21! She is grateful for the wonderful opportunity and the fun she gets to have with her friends almost every week on set, "They have become so dear to my heart. Everyone, since day one, has been so welcoming. We talk outside of work, go to lunch, and have fun little photo shoots."
While you would never know it today, Alysha remembers being extremely nervous during her first shoot. "At my first ever modeling job I was very nervous because I wanted to impress them and do my absolute best. I then realized I did not have anything to worry about because my instructors at PMTM had taught me everything I needed to know," Alysha said. "They always make sure they send you on a job feeling 100% confident in yourself."
Confidence is key in her modeling and it makes sense that Tyra Banks is her style icon. She admires the way she can put several different looks into one and of course represent the plus size women. "What I love about Tyra look is that it is fierce and elegant, yet sexy and conservative! She also represents “Plus Size” girls and how there is NOTHING wrong with having a little extra curve."
We hope you enjoyed getting to know Alysha!
Saturday, May 13, 2017
Many of us at PMTM talk about our East and West coast PMTMFamily and below is a great example of that. Joe, Brandon & Ben were making an exploratory trip to LA and our PMTM alums came out in force. The first picture is Tawoun, Anthony, Joe, Brandon, Benjamin, and Logan! The second picture is Joe, Brandon, Tim, Frankie and Benjamin heading to watch Tim his stand-up comedy routine! All are from all over the tri-state area and are either living in LA or will soon be living in LA. You can also tell they all look very happy. #pmtm #imta #pmtmfam #laactors #showbiz
Friday, May 12, 2017
Aniyah found her love for performing at a very young age, just before her second birthday. She started with dancing and competitive cheer leading, but that didn't satisfy her passion. Even with her life being so busy with school and extra curricular activities, her mom knew how badly Aniyah wanted to pursue acting. "It was a really big sacrifice for us to spend out Saturdays and other free time doing workshops, but it was worth it." Said Aniyah. She did not get to see her friends much during the busy time, but says that attending the workshops was one of her favorite things to do, and she will miss it!
After completing her workshops, Aniyah felt she was ready to take her skills to a national level and decided to pursue the International Model and Talent Association (IMTA) this past January. After attending, Aniyah says her favorite memory was the friendships she had made. "We became very close and supported each other. It was really fun to see them all preform and to cheer them on." Aniyah says that IMTA helped motivate and excite her to do more of what she loves...acting!
One day, Aniyah dreams of being on a network like Disney Channel or Nickelodeon. She would love to be in a series such as, Liz and Maddie, Jessie, or K.C. Undercover (Her favorite character.) She admires how Zendaya can go from one emotion to the next so seamlessly. In the future Aniyah wants to see herself following that same path. Aniyah would also like to be doing movies, "I would really just love to be entertaining people on television or at the movies!"
Pro-Model and Talent taught her what it takes to be successful, "They really helped me to build my acting skills, and taught me what it means to be professional, even as a kid."As a result of her success at IMTA, Aniyah has recently signed with Talent Ink Management and they will be relocating to Los Angeles in June!
Pro-Model and Talent would like to wish Aniyah the best of luck in all she does! Thank you for sharing!
Interested in Acting or Modeling locally?--Click here to for auditions!
Interested in Acting or Modeling locally?--Click here to for auditions!
Written By: Jamie Oliver and Maggie Bisesi
Thursday, May 11, 2017
Being a working model in the industry means upholding a respectable look, dazzling personality, and being the complete package for any and every client that wants to work with you. To help those of you working in the industry as models or looking to work in the industry, we have created a list of what to do while pursuing this career path.
- Make sure they can reach you: Have a working phone that you will check often for calls from clients, as well as an accessible email address. Make sure to respond to calls and emails ASAP.
- Have clean manicured nails: Make sure finger and toenails are clean, trimmed and polished. Wear neutral nail colors or clear polish. Stay away from french manicures. Keep nails at a natural length.
- Style hair: Make sure your hair color and style are in fact, IN STYLE, and very similar to your head shots or composite. Make sure hair is clean and well taken care of. No roots and make sure highlight and colors are fresh.
- Take care of your skin: Casting directors want to see blemish free skin. No self tanner, or obvious sun tan lines. Stay out of the sun prior to the booking or audition, if you are in the sun, protect your skin and use an SPF of 70+.
- Hygiene: Brush your teeth, shave, and come FRESH!
- Be punctual: “If you are early, you’re on time. If you are on time, you’re late.” Make that your motto and come 15 minutes prior to the time you are set to arrive. This is a must. Do not waste anyone’s time.
- Listen to the photographer: Don’t complain about location or circumstances and be ready to happily take direction.
- Respect the hair/makeup stylist: Be courteous and let them do their jobs. They are professionals and doing a job just like you are. Don’t complain and make SURE you thank them for their work. They know what they are doing and what will get the best photographs.
- Don’t bring guests to auditions/bookings: No friends, or significant others, or parents. The only exception is if you are under the age of 18 years old, in which case you should bring ONE parent/guardian with you.
- No jewelry: Jewelry can cause glare in photos and be a distraction.
- Carry a model tote bag: For a guide on what to include in your tote refer to our post: http://promodelandtalentnews.blogspot.com/2016/06/what-to-carry-in-your-modeltalent-tote.html
- Be enthusiastic: Be patient. Project confidence and enthusiasm!
- Be polite and considerate to EVERYONE: Personality is a large part of the modeling/acting industry. If the client likes you they are likely to book you again. Your attitude can make or break your career.
Models are all working towards the same goal, make sure you stand out and make an excellent impression with your appearance and even better personality!
Feel free to print this out to help you stay on top of things!